Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back-track..

Finally got around to editing some of the pics from xmas gifts..

I find that I'm using Ravelry more often than I'm posting here... [pssst, that means you should add me as a friend there!]

I'll post a huge bunch of pics here anyway then.. the following is pretty much anything I've been working on that I haven't posted about here yet. To limit the number of pics on this entry, I'll only post one pic per item, but definitely check out my flickr account for the rest of the images!

Attempting some sort of order.. let's see, last pic post was for the pithyhat, so:

Major Underbitesnaggletooth


Pattern: Felted Skull, from LionBrand
Yarn: Off-white wool, from roommate
Hook: 10 N/P
Modifications: I think my hook may have been slightly smaller than what was called for.
Comments: First real attempt at felting.. took the pictures before giving him a shave; he was very fuzzy! My skull is also the featured pic for the pattern on ravelry.

Simple Lace Headband


Pattern: Simple Lace Headband from Inner Child Crochet
Yarn: Red Heart Soft in Guacamole
Needles: US 6
Modifications: none

One Skein Wonder


Pattern: One Skein Wonder from Stephanie Japel/Glampyre Knits
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted in Mulberry
Needles: US 5, 8
Modifications: none that I can recall

Herringbone Scarf


Pattern: Herringbone Scarf from Tangle
Yarn: super bulky Recycled Thrift Store Poncho, purple
Needles: US 35
Modifications: none. added fringe.

H2O Hat


Pattern: H2O Hat from Chic Knits
Yarn: super bulky Recycled Thrift Store Poncho, purple
Needles: US 19
Modifications: I think I may have gone up a needle size and eliminated a few rows.. the recipient has a large head circumference due to dreads.

Shelly Scarf


Pattern: Shelly Scarf from Joyful Abode
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Raspberry
Needles: K/6.5mm
Modifications: added a repeat width-wise (mum likes wider scarves)

18 Seconds to Sunrise Hat, redux


Pattern: 18 Seconds to Sunrise Hat from Daily Fiber Therapy
Yarn: N.Y. Yarns Gypsy in #4
Needles: US 9
Modifications: Added big pompom on top.

One Skein Scarf


Pattern: One Skein Scarf from Stitch n Bitch: The Happy Hooker
Yarn: unknown green variegated acrylic
Hooks: K/6.5mm + L/8mm
Modifications: I think I went up a hook size.

Essential Hat, redux


Pattern: Essential Hat, personal pattern
Yarn: unknown green variegated acrylic
Needles: US 10

and....
just for fun:

Beekini


Pattern: based loosely on the Queen of Hearts bikini from Stitch n Bitch
Yarn: Peaches & Creme cotton in Black and Yellow
Needles: US 5

Beekini (get it??) niiiiiiice..
Also amusing that it was posted just yesterday on my Flickr account (go check it out for more pics!), and it already has many views (compared to other images in my account). It's the boobs.

//x

2 Comments:

Blogger The Mel B said...

I love the herringbone scarf! And to the queue it goes.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous valerie said...

the unknown green looks like yarn that I used as a teen. I love it and wish i could find it in the stores.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home